Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ultima Online - Kingdom Reborn rants

Right I am in a little bit of a mood over KR.

I pray one day it will be amazing and it will look like a game which has been created by a team who love a game and have a good budget. It would be so interesting to see where my £9.99 a month goes exactly. Perhaps we are supplying EA with new sports cars... if so I want a job!

KR as it stands to date looks completely rubbish, I wont beat around the bush here it looks like a game I should have expected to play when I had windows 98/2000... it looks old and its not living up to standards these days.

They've tried making a 3d client before and now they ditched it, do they not learn?

I believe some over reactive baffoon at EA saw UO and went Urrrgh my god do we actually own this ugly 2D game... UO guys make it 3D and make it 3D now... you have 3 months.

So the UO team went off and created this monster which is apparenty going to relaunch UO to the masses with its crappy unclear look and completely out of date graphics.

Don't get me wrong I dont play uo just for its uber 2d graphics but it gets on my nerves how they waste money on something which looks like it should be in alpha testing. It looks completely rushed.

I recently bought the collectors edition of Gears of War for the Xbox. Before playing the game I watched the DVD extras which shows you the Epic team and explains their passion for this game. Oh my god what a game they made... but to be honest every game they have made looks completely kick ass and feels fantastic!

I have lost complete hope in the Origin team and I believe they are living in a time long passed and they believe they are making a kick ass RPG game even better.

UO has lasted this long solely because of the community and expensive subscription charges for a uncared for game, im tired and sick of it.

I am currently patching KR to see if its all changed... however I know it hasn't. Its taking for ages!

My subscription runs out in 7 days and I seriously dowt I will be renewing my subscription unless something nice happens to cheer me up.

I hope Pirates of the Burning Seas is good and feel like quality. I've been looking at that game for sometime now. It might keep me enterained once Sony publish it.

Thanks for reading my rant, or scrolling down and just reading this line.

I'll keep you updated of my outcome, never know one person may read this blog entry ;)

- PD.

No comments: